Friday, August 20, 2010

Peach Salsa


Canning Peach Salsa


  • 4 cups red, yellow and orange bell peppers medium dice

  • 2 large jalapeno peppers seeded and ribs removed

  • 3 scotch bonnet (habanero) peppers seeded and ribs removed

  • 5 piquello peppers seeded and ribs removed

  • 6 Roma tomatoes rough chopped

  • 1 large sweet onion chopped

  • 2 large clove garlic minced

  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

  • 1 cup fresh or dried apricots chopped

  • 1 teaspoon sea salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper

  • juice from one lemon

  • 6 cups peaches rough chopped
Method:    

in a large sauce pot cook first 12 ingredients for 20 minutes,




add peaches and cook additional 20 minutes







Ladle hot salsa into hot prepared jars leaving 1/4 in head space and process in a water bath for 15 minutes, cool on clean dish towel and store or refrigerate for immediate use.














Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I JUST made some peach salsa and I didnt even think to can it! I am really looking forward to seeing more from your site, I think canning is such a great thing although I dont do it as often as I should... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorado peaches have been fantastic this year and my peach salsa was a great success..we've already opened three jars!!

    I'm always looking for different ideas so I would love to see your peach salsa recipe.

    Big Hugs from Colorado♥

    ReplyDelete

♥I really appreciate your comments♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com