Friday, August 6, 2010

Salmon Cakes with Philadelphia Scotch Bonnet Cream and Giardiniera



One of my favorite dishes is Salmon or Tuna Cakes. My Father was the first person to teach me how to make these savory cakes, another midnight snack from his arsenal of recipes.

His version was made with egg, tuna or salmon, broken crackers, salt and pepper. I've added a few ingredients over the years but I still pour Giardiniera liquid over the cakes before I gobble them up.

This time I added another element that I made for a competition I just recently entered, the "Real Women of Philadelphia" at PaulaDean.com. "Scotch Bonnet Cream" It was a wonderful addition! The cream brings a whole new texture to this dish as well as a delicious slow heat.

Salmon Cake's

1-14 ounce filet of salmon (or 1-14 ounce can pink salmon skin and bones removed)
1 egg
2 tablespoons green onion, white part only
3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
2 tablespoons diced celery
1/4 cup cracker meal
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
4 tablespoons butter

Mix first 8 ingredients and shape into 2 inch patties, melt butter in a sauté pan and cook cakes for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.



For a truly fresh salmon cake poach a 14 ounce piece of salmon in water on medium heat fr 12 minutes or until salmon is tender but cooked through. Cool salmon for 30 minutes and flake into a medium mixing bowl.


Rebecka's Philadelphia Scotch Bonnet Cream

1/2 package Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese
1/4 minced scotch bonnet pepper diced
1/2 cup sour cream
4-6 tablespoons giardiniera liquid


Using a hand mixer blend all the ingredients together until fluffy. Cover and store in the refrigerator over night to allow flavors to bloom. Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥I really appreciate your comments♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com