Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fresh and Fruity Orzo Pasta







I'm almost to the end of the Real Women of Philadelphia Video Host Challenge.  This week I posted this yummy side dish recipe for week 7 of the challenge, Fresh and Fruity Orzo Pasta Salad. Next week I'll be entering a dish in the Entree category and the final week I'll be submitting in the Dessert category...whew! 

This is the most rigorous food challenges I've entered thus far.  I'd  never have guessed that I'd be so thoroughly entrenched in the food competition world when I started food blogging just a year ago.

Over the coarse of 8 weeks I've learned a great deal about making and producing my own videos.  The journey hasn't been easy!  I call it "on the job training".  I've learned computer editing techniques while producing my videos. I felt like pulling out all my hair most of the time.  There are no words to express the devastation one feels after pushing the wrong button and losing a whole video file. Sheer despair!  Not to mention, navigating the video upload process on YouTube at 2:00 am! Nasty business!   I've shed a few tears and said more than a few bad words in the process, maybe more than a few.  I've wanted to throw in the towel on several occasions but I just keep on keeping on, in hopes of winning the big prize at the end of the competition.



The RWOP community is filled with extremely talented ladies, which means the possibility of being chosen is becoming slimmer by the minute.  There are only 6 finalist slots left!!   I had better bring my A game!!  

Being chosen as one of the final 16 competitors, traveling to Savannah to meet Paula Deen, and having the opportunity to hang out with all the women and men I've met on the site, would be pretty terrific! The $25 thousand dollar contract wouldn't be to shabby either!

OK, enough gibber jabber.....on with the show!



This Fresh and Fruity Orzo Pasta Salad is a the perfect accompaniment to any summer dinning experience. The creamy texture of the Original Flavor Cooking Creme blended with fresh fruit and veggies, this dish will steal the show! Try pairing this delicious side dish with grilled salmon and roasted veggies! YUM!
  • Prep time: 10 minutes
  • Cook time: 20 minutes
  • Total time: 30 minutes |
  • Servings: 6
  • 1/2 cup(s) of Orzo Pasta
  • 2 ripe papaya
  • 1 2 oz pkg. roasted macadamia nuts
  • 2 tbsp. of green onion
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Papadew peppers or pimentos
  • 1/2 cup(s) of Kraft Original Flavor Cooking Creme
  • 3 tbsp. of papaya seeds
  • 1/3 cup(s) of rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup(s) of extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 tbsp. of Maui onion
  • 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
  • 1 lemon Juiced
  • 2 Hass avocados
Steps
  1. Cook orzo pasta in boiling water for 18-20 minutes until tender, rinse with cold water, set aside
  2. Dressing: in an electric blender, mix together Maui onion, rice vinegar, papaya seeds, Kraft Original Flavor Cooking Creme, brown sugar, olive oil, dry mustard and lemon juice until papaya seeds resemble coarse ground pepper, season with salt and pepper to taste
  3. roughly cube papaya, avocado, green onion and Peppadew peppers (substitute pimento or red bell pepper if you can't find Peppadew/Pappadew peppers), mix together in a large bowl, dress with 1/2 cup vinaigrette and toss in roasted macadamia nuts, pasta salad can be served immediately or covered and chilled prior to service, salt and pepper to taste; after chilling, add more dressing if the salad looks dry.




    Print Friendly and PDF

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    ♥I really appreciate your comments♥

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    BlogWithIntegrity.com