Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tart Cherry Pie



Tart Cherry Pie

This yummy pie recipe has a secret ingredient....with the addition of almond extract, what was once just a good piece of pie becomes an extraordinarily delicious slice of heaven!! 

First a confession before we start!  I used pre-made pie crust to make this recipe!  Gasp!  For all of my fellow foodies who are purest when it comes to making "homemade" pie crust, I'm sorry however, I can't feel too badly for choosing to use store bought because I think pre-made pie crust are fabulous!   There super easy to use, there's no mess and they taste delicious.  For this busy mom on the go... that is the perfect trifecta!

Recipe

1 box pre-made refrigerated pie crust
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 cans (16 ounces) pitted tart cherries, drained
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 tablespoons butter

Method

  • Preheat oven 400 degrees
Prepare pie crust to manufactures directions, lay one pie shell into a 9 inch pie pan,   Mix sugar and flour, stir in drained cherries add almond extract and pour mixture into prepared pie crust. Dot the top of mixture with butter and cover with the remaining pie crust.  Pinch edges together with fingers to flute or use tines of a fork to press edges together to seal.  Cut 4 slits into the top crust to allow stem to escape.  Place a cookie sheet lined with foil below the pie to catch any spills.

Bake until golden brown, about 35-45 minutes.




This is the perfect slice of pie!  Enjoy♥

Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker Cook Book

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. This looks good, Rebecka! Adding the almond extract sounds really nice, I love the smell of almonds! And using ready-made pie crust is fine, it is really convenient, time saver and delicious too! Bookmarking this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great recipe, thanks! New follower from the Sunday hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks better than delicious. I'm new to your blog and have spent some time exploring what you feature here. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I love cherry pie! Where do you get pitted cherries? Is it in the canned food section?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina, yes I get my pitted cherries from the can food section of the grocer. They are the tart cherries usually in the same spot as the canned pineapple and mandarin oranges. I've made the mistake of buying the cherry pie filling resulting in another trip back to the store. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    Mary, thanks for your lovely comments about my blog. I'm so happy you stopped by. I'll return the favor and visit your blog today. Blessings to you as well.

    justfindit4u, welcome to my blog.

    kf, As always, you make my day with your support and kind comments! Have a fine week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great place is find a local store (our local meat locker/processing plant) that orders individually quick frozen fruit. We order once a year, I usually get about 70 lbs of tart pie cherries, already pitted, quick frozen at their peak. They are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

♥I really appreciate your comments♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com