Friday, February 24, 2012

Cheddar Biscuits


 



I've been searching several years for a recipe that most likely resembles the Cheddar Biscuits from Red Lobster.  I've finally found one that meets the mark.  The original recipe comes from my friend Stella, owner of  Stella B's Kitchen.  Stella's blog is filled with delicious recipes as well as artful food photography.  Thanks Stella for sharing this recipe. 

Recipe
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Garlic Salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 stick melted butter, cooled
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Garlic Butter
1/2 stick butter melted
1/2 teaspoon Lowry's Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon fresh or dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika

Preheat oven to 425
Makes approximately 1 dozen


Step1
Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, pour shredded cheese over dry mixture and combine






Step 2
Add melted butter and buttermilk, stir until ingredients are just incorporated, do not over work the dough


Step 4
Using a tablespoon, place rounds on baking sheet lined with parchment paper about an inch apart.  Bake for 12-14 minutes



Garlic Butter


Step 5
Brush melted garlic butter over hot biscuits, serve with chutney, honey or Pineapple Mango Marmalade.  See the link for my recipe and canning instructions. Optional: add chopped jalapenos, cooked bacon crumbles, corn or freeze dried onion for a little twist.




  



Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Rebecka, I love this cheesy biscuits, look so delicious with those beautiful pictures!

    I love your new home especially the header :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits. A decade ago, they used to taste even better. Over the years, it has changed a little. Would love to try your recipe. I wish I could have a couple now...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biren, this recipe really reminds me of Red Lobster cheddar biscuits of old. Soft and tender, nice and cheesy with a little zing from the garlic butter. Let me know how close they come to what you remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these bisquits! cheddar is not easy to find here, but I can do this recipe maybe with another cheese.. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! These look so delicious! I can imagine the "cheesy sensation" when pop one into the mouth! Wish to have some right now! Am drooling just looking at the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecka,

    Thanks for featuring my cheddar bay biscuits and for the sweet comments!! Just to note, these little gems reheat beautifully. I have reheated them up to four days after baking...popped them into a 350 degree oven until hot again and they are still very fresh tasting.

    Have a great day!
    Stella B's Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Francy, I think any type of sharp or medium cheese would work wonderfully as a substitute for cheddar. I'm curious to see what you're able to find and how the recipe turns out. Keep me posted!

    Joy, These little gems are drool worthy! They are really tasty! Hope all is well with you and family in Malaysia!

    You're welcome Stella! I can't tell you how happy my family is that I found your recipe! Happy tummy's all around! Thanks for the tip on reheating. I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Absolutely what I need right now Rebecka!ummmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jos, The biscuits would go so well with your famous smoked fish spread!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheddar biscuits are the only reason we ever go to Red Lobster (and gift cards, obviously). Now I can just make them at home!

    PS - This site looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Matt!! So nice to see you. I really appreciate all of your expert help with my blog and your kind words mean the world to me!xo

    Kristina, Thanks for following. I'm looking forward to knowing you better.

    Hi Val, Thanks for pinning my biscuits! I'm loving your new avatar.

    ReplyDelete

♥I really appreciate your comments♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com