<center><a href="http://athomewithrebecka.blogspot.com/" target="_blank"><img alt="athomewithrebecka" src="http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/BiteMySweetTarts/lilachouseblogbadge-1.jpg"/></a></center>
http://athomewithrebecka.blogspot.com/" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="AtHomewithRebecka" src="http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/BiteMySweetTarts/limesblogbadgepic-1-1.jpg" />
- Click the download photos tab and follow the instructions to download the photos you saved earlier on your desktop.
- Click the CREATE Tab at the top of the page and start adding stickers, text etc. to create your new blog badge.
- When your satisfied with your design you have two choices...
- Click the tab, SAVE & SHARE or the Resize tab. If you choose to save and share, title your blog badge and save the badge
- You’ll then need to resize the badge so it will fit onto your blog and make it easier for others to take and use your blog badge on their blogs as well. The size that works best for me is 200 x 165. Nothing bigger than 200 x 200 is recommended .This button size works well because it fits on most blog sidebars.
- Save the new sized badge in place of the bigger version. Save to your desktop or My Pictures Folder on your computer.
- If you choose to RESIZE before saving, follow the instructions on Picnic after clicking the resize tab, when you've completed this step, click SAVE & SHARE tab, save the new badge to your desktop or to My Pictures folder on your computer.
Photobucket provides a code for you that can easily be altered. You can resize your blog badge in Photobucket as well.
- Very simply, click the upload tab and upload your new badge from your computer. After you upload your picture to Photobucket click on the image. In the bottom, right hand corner of your screen you should see this box.
Share this photo
1. Right Click on the code titled "HTML Code - Websites & Blogs" and click copy. Save the code somewhere you can alter it. I saved it in Word.
<a href="http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/BiteMySweetTarts/?action=view&current=limesblogbadgepic.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/BiteMySweetTarts/limesblogbadgepic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
Revised code should look like this...
<a href="http://athomewithrebecka.blogspot.com/" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="AtHomewithRebecka" src="http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/BiteMySweetTarts/limesblogbadgepic-1-1.jpg" /></a>
Final step blog badge html:
- You’ll need to create a box that will appear under your Blog Badge so that other bloggers can grab your code and place it on their sites. The code for the box is as follows...
<textarea name="textarea" cols="40" rows="4" wrap="VIRTUAL">=====your code=====</textarea>
- Place your cursor at the end of your new blog badge code (a>) and press enter on your computer key pad then copy and past the textarea code on the new line. This will place the box beneath your blog picture
- Where you see the words...=====your code=====in the textarea code...delete the ===yourcode=== and enter the code you just created.
- Your final html should look like this:
- Copy the new html from your saved work
- Add the new html to the widget box.
- add a title (Take Me with You or Grab my Badge)
- click RICH TEXT at the top of the widget box
- Next to edit html you'll see several buttons, click on the green circle wearing glasses, this will bring up a small box that gives the option to create a hyper link...
- in the box titled URL...type your blog URL code...(http://yourblogurl.com)
- Click SAVE
- You can now move the new gadget around your blog like any other added gadget. Place the Blog Badge Gadget on your blog and save
- Open View Blog
- Your new blog badge should appear wherever you choose to place it on your blog. If you don't see the badge or it's not not fully visible you've missed a step or placed the codes incorrectly. This is where patience becomes a virtue! Go back a retrace your steps. I know you'll find where you went wrong and be able to fix the issue.
- Click on your new blog badge....if a new window opens to your blogs home page then your a genius and all is well with the world! Pat yourself on the back and tell a friend! This moment is worth celebrating.
If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or email me. I'll do my best to answer any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org