Monday, November 21, 2011

Coconut-Curry Noodle Soup from Martha Stewart Living


Coconut-Curry Noodle Soup



I found this most delicious recipe in this months Martha Stewart Living Magazine.  I've made a couple of changes based on my pantry and will include my changes in the recipe.

A steamy hot bowl of this fragrant soup will be certain to warm you to the bone

Recipe:
10 ounces Chinese wheat noodles or rice noodles ( I used Thai rice noodles)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Thai yellow curry paste (I mixed equal parts Tikka Masala, coriander lemon base and hot curry paste, cumin and chili base)
4 cups chicken stock (I used 2-1/2 tablespoons chicken base and 4 cups water)
1 lemon

Method:
  •  Boil noodles according to manufacturer's instructions.  Drain and rinse under cold water. Toss with 1teaspoon oil.
  • Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Cook curry paste until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.  Whisk in stock,.  Raise heat, and bring to a boil.
  • Cut lemon in half, and squeeze 1 half into saucepan. Divide noodles into 4 bowls.  Garnish with basil or mint and lemon wedges.
Lemon Pepper Chicken:
4 large chicken breast, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness, to promote even cooking time
4 Serrano chili peppers
3 garlic cloves
1 lemon
2 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

  • Slice Serrano chilies and garlic thinly
  • Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy bottom skillet on medium heat, add half of the chilies and garlic, saute for about 30 seconds, add 2 seasoned chicken breast and saute until juices run clear,
  • cut lemon in half and squeeze juice from one half over cooked breast, cook additional 30 seconds, remove from pan and let rest until ready to serve
  •  repeat with 2 remaining chicken breast, and allow chicken to rest 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Garnish and serve



Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Now that the weather is changing, it does that every week, I am collecting soup recipes and plan to have lots of soup on weekday nights. This looks like one, I should include. Thanks for sharing on My Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya, Happy to aid in your search for delicious soup recipes. This one's a keeper! Thanks for visiting me and for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dish & I can never resist a bowl of spicy noodles. Rebecka, u've hit the right note with the strong colour of the curry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, I'm honored by your sweet comment! Coming from you it really means a lot! I loved your Angry Birds post! What a wonderful experience for you♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rebecka, I am so OVER Thanksgiving after seeing this recipe! I can't wait to make this when we return home. XO

    P.S. your first picture is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a different sounding soup. Move over chicken noodle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious looking bowl of curry noodles! The colour is so appetizingly delicious! Curry noodles is one of the most popular noodles in Malaysia and I'm so craving for a bowl after seeing this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, I think I need to eat. These food posts are making me hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am back. I am featuring this soup, tomorrow on My Meatless Mondays. I love your photo as well as the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

♥I really appreciate your comments♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com