Monday, November 7, 2011

Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce


Served warm, straight out of the oven, oozing with butter and a drizzle of hot Caramel Sauce, Bread Pudding is the quintessential comfort food!
Simple and creamy, my bread pudding recipe doesn't need nuts or raisin to add flavor it's perfect all on it's own! However, I'll occasionally add lemon or caramel sauce just to dress it up a bit!
 
Recipe:
 
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups half and half
6 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter
10-12 cups leftover bread
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
 
Method:
 
Preheat oven 350
 
In a large mixing bowl blend together eggs and sugar, add cream and vanilla and blend to combine.
 
Tear leftover bread into chunks set aside, pour 1 stick melted butter into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, add bread and press firmly into butter, pour cream mixture evenly over bread, press bread down with a spatula to absorb cream, dot top with remaining cold butter, bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes or just until the center is firm but not hard. 
 
 
Serves 8-10




Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. This will be perfect for my breakfast tomorrow morning. It looks so warm, comforting, and yumnmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don't have sweet tooth but this is just too tempting! Send some over, won't you?? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biren and Blackswan, this recipe is more than tempting. I rarely make it unless I know I'm having guests or giving some away to neighbors, otherwise I'll eat the entire dish myself!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that bread pudding is making me droole over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that bread pudding is making me droole over here. Josee/chicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Josee, Thanks Chickie! This is one of my favorites! It's so nice to see your smiling face my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got to love bread pudding! I usually serve it with red sauce, for example rasberry or cherry sauce, I've never tried it with caramel. Bet someone in my house would have liked that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks to die for! And I'm sorry to hear about your email debacle. No fun! My husband will be excited to make this recipe..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want some right now that looks so good! I can't wait to try it and I will drop back in to let you know how it was.
    Jill from voiceboks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this looks so yummy! I would want a second helping! My kids would really love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like the recipe that I been looking for that would be close to the bread pudding that I had at this restaurant that was out of this world. The question I have is that it calls for 2 cups of heavy cream and 2 cups of half and half. But, in the directions it says add the cream but doesn't say when to add the half and half. Are you to add the cream and half and half both when mixing all the ingredients that you pour over the bread?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the confusion. You add both the 1/2 and 1/2, and heavy cream, with the vanilla, and eggs!

    I've moved my blog over to Word Press and would love for you to stop by and follow my RSS feed for more delicious recipes. Thanks you for visiting At Home with Rebecka! I hope you enjoy the recipe and that it brings back happy memories.
    http://athomewithrebecka.com

    ReplyDelete

♥I really appreciate your comments♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com