A steamy hot bowl of this fragrant soup will be certain to warm you to the bone
10 ounces Chinese wheat noodles or rice noodles ( I used Thai rice noodles)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Thai yellow curry paste (I mixed equal parts Tikka Masala, coriander lemon base and hot curry paste, cumin and chili base)
4 cups chicken stock (I used 2-1/2 tablespoons chicken base and 4 cups water)
- Boil noodles according to manufacturer's instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Toss with 1teaspoon oil.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook curry paste until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in stock,. Raise heat, and bring to a boil.
- Cut lemon in half, and squeeze 1 half into saucepan. Divide noodles into 4 bowls. Garnish with basil or mint and lemon wedges.
Lemon Pepper Chicken:
4 large chicken breast, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness, to promote even cooking time
4 Serrano chili peppers
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Slice Serrano chilies and garlic thinly
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy bottom skillet on medium heat, add half of the chilies and garlic, saute for about 30 seconds, add 2 seasoned chicken breast and saute until juices run clear,
- cut lemon in half and squeeze juice from one half over cooked breast, cook additional 30 seconds, remove from pan and let rest until ready to serve
- repeat with 2 remaining chicken breast, and allow chicken to rest 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Garnish and serve