Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Whisper of Ice and I'm ready for Spring





Last weeks ice storm covered our mountain town in what looked and felt like a deep freeze.   The aspen trees were frozen stiff by pure white ice crystals, standing at attention despite the wind. 

This week we are covered in the biggest snow fall of the year.  


This is my son in our driveway this morning!  The snow was falling while he lay there in about 2 feet of the fully, white stuff!  The weatherman promises another 2 feet by morning. 



It's days like these that I dream of warmer days living in Sanibel Florida.  The warm sand between my toes and the gentle sound of the waves as my children laugh and play in the surf!  I don't miss the bugs but I could go for a day of fun in the sun.




Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Wow,your place is really full of snow, must be freezing! It must be a comfort to be in the house having a cup of your Hot Buttered Rum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecka I like both of your buttons. I just need to figure out how to add them to my blog and create my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KF, I have to admit Hot Buttered Rum was on the menu this weekend! LOL! We woke to a beautiful sunny day but the weather is suppose to get bad again tonight. Another possible 2 feet! Sheesh! I could go for a bit of your Malaysian warm weather!

    Mindy, I'm working on my Button tutorial this week. I'll try to get it posted by Wed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mindy, I got the Tutorial for Blog Badges placed on my blog today!! You'll find the Tutorial page right under my header on my home page. Let me know if I can change anything to make it easier to understand.
    http://athomewithrebecka.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html

    ReplyDelete

♥I really appreciate your comments♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com